Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's a beautiful Day (sing it as if you were Bono)

Today was gorgeous here in Idaho Falls. I love this time of year! The days are warm, but not too hot, my flowers seem to have one last bloom, the trees are turning red and I can just smell the coming of Halloween and all the Holidays.
I had to take Hailee to ballet today. The studio is downtown. She goes for an hour and it was so nice I decided to take Zack and Ashlyn to the river and I'm so mad I forgot my camera! We just sat there on the bench and watch all the ducks for a little bit. There was one little duck with a big fish hook in it's mouth. So Sad! Ashlyn and Zack finally got the courage to try to touch a duck and as they were playing I saw the temple in the background. It was perfect. It was just so relaxing. We all need more days like that. I was thinking that I"m so lucky to have the temple ten minutes away and how I need to take advantage of that. Brad and I have tried to have a goal to go at least once a month, but doesn't always work out. We made a date with another couple to go tomorrow and I'm so excited.
Anyway, as Zack would almost make it to a duck he would chicken out and run (waddle) right back to me. Ashlyn would say "It's O.K. Zackie, it won't hurt you. Come on, I'll go with you". It's the cutest thing ever. Ashlyn thinks she is his little mother all the time and I just sit back and watch them. I want to cherish moments like this forever.

1 comment:

Alison said...

What a perfect moment in your day! Those moments seem few and far between in the hectic busy-ness of every day, but it's so great to treasure them when they happen. Great job taking a moment to relax and enjoy it! I love when kids love each other. That is the best.