Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving Tree



I got this idea from Family Fun a couple weeks ago. I've loved the idea and thought the kids would have fun with it. I'm hoping to do this every year for one of our family traditions. We spent all week cutting out leaves and making a pot for the tree. We will start tomorrow for FHE. Every night we will write something we are thankful for on a leaf and put it on the tree. I think it will be good for us to see and be reminded every day of all the blessing we do have in our lives during this Thanksgiving holiday. The kids have been thinking all week about all kinds of things to put on the leaves. I made a lid for the pot becuase I thought it would be good to keep the leaves after we are done and keep it as a keepsake.

9 comments:

crystal said...

I'm totally going to copy this! I love it! You're such a fun, creative mom (wistful sigh). I can tell you are a good planner-aheader. :)

crystal said...

email me so I can email you back with my street address! maxmom2233@gmail.com I am so excited for my darling HATS!!! It's just now getting cold this week, so just in time! (Sorry I keep forgetting to give you my house address.)

Mary said...

Hey that turned out great!! Where on earth did you find the tree? I've been searching for over a year all over the greater southeast Idaho region for something like that!! My leaves are just pathetically waiting in my closet. Nice job and excellent idea!

Marne said...

Looks great Karri! We do something similar, I decorated a medium-sized tin bucket and it is our "gratitude bucket". The kids love putting things in there.

Cute tree!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Karri! You are so creative, you need to give a little of it (creativeness) to me. Thanks for sharing.

Alison said...

Oh my gosh, Karri! That is the cutest thankful tree I've ever seen. Did you just cut a branch off a tree? Very cute bucket!! I was wanting to do that but wasn't thinking of anything nearly so cute and creative! I'm so glad you posted this to get my creative juices flowing (as I copy you!) :)

Sally said...

Love it! It turned out super cute! Great idea to keep the leaves- they will be fun to look back on over the years!

Wendi said...

I love this idea! You are so sweet to always share your cute ideas with us.

Tip Junkie said...

You might just win another 'Great Tip Award' with this idea too. ;) It's great!

Sorry I didn't tell you about your award. I usually try to make a comment or e-mail each person. Sometimes I'm in such a hurry that I forget.

I'm glad you like the site. There are just soo many amazing and talented women - it was a no-brainer to me to want to help promote their blogs and ideas.