Thursday, November 15, 2007

TTA-Tiny Treasures

<












I know it's Thursday, but Tuesday was crazy and I'm now just getting a second to blog. I was excited about this TTA and didn't want to miss it because it has something to do with my girls. Here's a picture of some of my favorite jewelry. I love pearls. I love the story about pearls and how they originate. I was visiting Brad when we were engaged and we went to San Fransisco. We went to Fisherman's Warf(is that right?) and Brad had me pick out an oyster and we opened it. The pearl was so pretty. It was yellow. You can see in the picture. For Christmas that next year, Brad had got it made into a ring for me. Since then I wanted to get a full set of pearl jewelry (ring, necklace and earrings) to someday give one set to each of my girls (didn't think I'd have three girls). I have one full set right now, there's no picture of the pearl necklace because I've "misplaced" it. HOpefully it will turn up. I figure I have a long life and will have plent of time to get all my sets. The necklace in the picture Brad gave me for Mother's Day. It is the shape of a heart and it has each of my kids's birthstone. Brad said he got the heart because that's what binds us together is love. We thought we were done having kids (little did we know). That's why there is only three right now. We will be able to add Zack's, just haven't got it done yet.
Each of my children are my most treasured treasures. I love each of them more than they'll ever know. Ashlyn had fun with me looking at all the jewelry. She wanted to try the ear rings on. Doesn't she look great in pearls!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

THat's very sweet. I especially love how he gave you the heart to symbolize love.

Kjerstin said...

It's so fun to learn fun little details like that about you! Call me when you have a second (the last minute meeting was eventful).

Anonymous said...

Karri those are very pretty! I love pearls also, don't have any but I have always liked them. I remember when you went to San Fran & got that pearl. Sweet story about the heart necklace, thanks for sharing.

crystal said...

I love your posts, always! You're just so centered and you make my day brighter--thanks!

abby's photo shoppe said...

You probably hear this all the time but... You have the most beautiful children. Never mind the jewelry. Your kids are so gorgeous and HAPPY! Good Job to you Karri. Have a happy day.
Abba

Marne said...

I agree with Abby, your kids are absolutely gorgoeous! Nice jewlery too.

Marne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I concur with the previous comments about how darling your kids are. What a sweet post. Love it!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

VERY COOL!
Love your blog!