Friday, March 13, 2009

"Purse" suit of Happiness

First, I just have to brag about my husband. Have I mentioned that I love my husband. I was in my bathroom getting ready for enrichment and when I went to the kitchen to leave I saw this

Brad is sooo sweet and I'm going to tell you a little bit of what he said in the card because it's ....priceless. "I figured you have made a lot of different types of purses the last couple weeks invitations, bags, chocolats, etc that you deserve a purse for yourself. In your "purse"uit of perfection to make everything right, there is a purse for you that I hope you like!" Is that not dang cute. Love you babe.

I had the Relief Society Birthday Celebration last night and what fun! I've been wanting to do something with purses (because I love them) for a long time. So after a little bit of thought and a great Enrichment commitee, we got something together. The theme was "Purse" suit of Happiness". We had three speakers. I wanted them to talk about the stage of life they are in right now that brings them happiness. The first was a young mother and her topic was "purse" severing in motherhood. The second was a mother that had teenage kids and she talked about "purse"onal enrichment. The last speaker was a grandma with all her kids gone and she talked about Eternal "purse"pective. They were all AWESOME and was everything I hoped for.

Here is the poster


I found purse chocolate molds and made one for everybody. I was expecting little pop in your mouth chocolate, but these were HUGE! They turned out very cute.


I also found coach purse keychains on line and gave them away for prizes.


I also gave the center peices away for prices. They were stuffed with candy. I made a different purse out of paper bags for each table. Here's a couple of them. They were so fun to create.



And......this is a cake! Can you beleive that? And it was made by a man... Can you beleive that!?!?! He did awesome. It was so hard to cut because I wanted to keep it forever.

12 comments:

Kjerstin said...

You are amazing!!!!! Other than that, I'm speechless! :)

Cheryl and Scott said...

Last night was awesome. You are so talented and we are so blessed to have you as Enrichment leader.
Oh yeah, Brad needs to have a word with Scott, that purse is super cute!!!

Lindsay said...

I agree! Brad needs to give some husband lessons! You are so creative and just amazing! You should give me lessons on how to do that! Love you guys! Hopefully we can hang out more next time we're up there!

Anonymous said...

darling ideas! Did you really come up with that? Awesome--if I am ever in that calling, can I steal that idea? So fun!

Alison said...

Love your new purse! What a great husband, cute note he wrote you. What a fun enrichment! You are so amazing. All the paper purse centerpieces are darling. And that cake, wow! No kidding, a man really? Sounds like it was another successful event by you. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Karri - This was awesome! You do have great hubby and your enrichment was sooo cute! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

this is such a cute theme Karri! looks like you had it all planned out perfectly! that is such an amazing cake!

Monica said...

It was a great night, Karri! Thanks for everything you do! Tell Brad he's making Troy look bad.

Pickett Fences said...

Cool girl, that is awesome. Like I have said before you amaze me at all of your wonderful talents.

The High Family- said...

You made that night so special. Great job and all your hard work, did not go unnoticed! By the way, I love the watch!!

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

That was so fun at enrichment, you seriously are so creative and fun! Sorry I helped with Nothing and what a nice husband!

Sally said...

Lucky you! The bag is awesome, he has great taste. Amazing details!