Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hey Good look'in.......

what ya got cooking?

Last Wednesday was Hailee's Birthday. It's hard to believe that she's 10 already! 10 going on 15. It's kind of scary. I'm such a sucker. Every year I say I'm not going to have a birthday party, but what happens......I always do. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that every one of my kids have had a party every single birthday. Is that bad? I actually think it's O.K. I think every kid deserves a celebration for themselves once a year.

I wanted to share what we did for her birthday party to give some of you some ideas. It was soooo much fun! I love to cook and Hailee loves to help me. I thought why not have a cooking party for her.
Here's a simple and cute idea for school treats. A rice krispie ball shaped over a Pop sucker, dipped in chocolate. Yum!



You're not a real chef unless you have a chef hat. Made out of tissue paper!

and apron. Found these cute dish clothes for pretty cheap that I made into an apron for each of the girls.


Here's the invite. A whisk full of bubble gum with the information on a recipe card

I had heard of cooking parties where they make pizza, but I thought for ten year olds I would do something a little more advanced so I decided to do personal lasagnas out of mini loaf pans. What a hit. The girls la la loved the lasagna.




Other items on the menu:
Salad on a stick. Cut up vegetables and meat and they got to choose what they wanted on their skewer.



And because I love drinks.....and I didn't want their parents to think I was filling them full of sugar........Fruitinis!




And for the cake, I wanted them all to be able to participate so I let them make all their individual cakes in hot chocolate mugs, which they got to take home as part of their favor. If you've never made cake in a mug, you MUST try it. It's soooo good and fun for all kids.

O.K., I'll admit the party was mostly for me because I thought it sounded sooo much fun. I would've loved a party like that when I was younger. Hopefully Hailee loved it as much as I did.

I wanted to list Ten things about Hailee
1. She LOVES to shop!
2. She's an awesome babysitter
3. She loves to dance
4. She loves to cuddle up with me to watch movies
5. She's happy go lucky.......no worries in the world
6. She loves her back rubbed (wonder where she gets that from)
7. She loves her brother and sisters
8. She wants to do everything I do
9. She can't wait to wear make-up
10. She's a big goof ball!

Happy Birthday Hailee!

14 comments:

Brittany said...

wow!! you are such a super talented lady! sounds like an awesome party! can i hire you as my party planner :)

oh, and i LOVE your new purse!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party!
I am with you on parties--for awhile I thought maybe I was crazy for having such a big day for the kids--it is a lot of work, and can be stressful. But, I figure it is only ONE day of the year for them, and I am going to go all out for them! As long as I create it in such a way that it won't stress me out!
Party all the time!

Julie Loftus said...

Karri, you are so dang creative!! I love all your ideas! It looked like Hailee had a blast too! I can't believe she's 10 either!

Amberlee said...

Love, love, love all those ideas! They are so cute I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of them. What a lucky girl to have a mom like you :)

Whiteley Family said...

I absolutely love this idea! I think I might copy and do it with my daughter!

Jessica said...

Hi! I just linked to you from Alison's blog and I HAD to tell you what an awesome party you planned. EVERYTHING was awesome from the invitations down to the cake in a mug. What an awesome mom!
AND, totally LOVE your purse and the whole purse idea from Enrichment. That cake is thee coolest. Great ideas!

Cheryl and Scott said...

Karri, you never cease to amaze me. I don't know where you find the time to do all of this fun stuff with your kids and look amazing too. I can't believe Hailee is so grown up.....where is the time going??

Anonymous said...

you are the coolest mom ever! such great ideas, and awesome party!

Pamcakes said...

You did great!! I want to be Hailees friend so I can come:) You are so creative. Your'e a great mom. I hope to see ya some time soon, I miss you.

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

Your the perfect mom!!! If I had half the energy or ideas that you did I would love it! Great Party and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw you link off Steph's. I didn't know you were SO TALENTED!! This is going to be one of my new favorite blogs to read :) I love all your cute ideas. That looks like the funnest party ever!
Stacey

Pickett Fences said...

You continue to amaze me with your talents! Hey I was wondering if you would like a facial? I am trying to start off my business with mary kay and I am trying to do 30 face in 30 days so let me know if you can help.

Alison said...

Wow! What a fun party! You are so creative and so good to go all out for your kids. It's something they will always remember and treasure! I bet the girls all loved it. I'm sure everyone can't wait to get invited to a party at your house!

The High Family- said...

Geez girl, you never cease to amaze me. Love all of those ideas. Hailee is such a pretty girl! Loved your outfit at church yesterday. You always look so stylin.