Sunday, January 18, 2009

gibber jabber




So in my last post I said one of my NYR was to be better about blogging. Blogging is the closest thing I have to journaling right now. So I guess I'm doing pretty good so far. Two posts in two weeks. Here's the latest project I've been working on. HATS! This is a new pattern that one of my friends taught me. She is an awesome crocheter. I love this hat for spring. I've been selling my other hats at a place called Traditions in Rigby. So I'll be taking these new hats over there also. So check them out!

Brad was gone all week last week for work. People always ask how I do it, but I actually don't mind it. Now I wouldn't want him to do it every week. I put the kids to bed and then I'm by myself for some peice and quiet. By the end I'm so ready for him to come come. I missed you hon. Let's see, last weeks happenings were going to Starbucks with April, Shelby and Julie, playing bunko with Monica and then when Brad got home we went out with the Cunninghams on Friday and the Bakers on Saturday. I'm sure Brad is so tired of eating out. But I made it up to him by making him a good Sunday dinner today and we invited the Leishmans over. I'm so thankful for the ward and neighborhood we live in. I don't think you can find better people. We've made awesome friends over the last few years.

Now I don't normally get very publicly spiritual but I just feel so blessed for the life I have today. Awhile back one of my friends asked me if I wanted to go to the temple with her. I have to admit that it had been awhile since I'd been and was definately not going on a regular basis. So I decided that I would go with her. I'm not quite sure what happened during that visit, but I couldn't wait to go back. I've now been going every other week and haven't missed a time since last September. It's amazing how your life and attitude changes by doing what you're suppose to be doing and serving the Lord. I know that's why I feel the way I do and why I feel so blessed.

Anyways, this week should be pretty calm not much going on. But, like always, we'll see what surprises this week brings.

11 comments:

Cheryl and Scott said...

Those hats are adorable (so are your girls!) Sounds like a pretty fun and busy week, do you ever have a minute to relax??? LOL.

Brittany said...

Look at you - blogging again so soon :) Those hats are super cute! (And I'm hoping it will be my turn sooner then later - I'm getting way too old!)

Anonymous said...

Cute hats, I luv that traditions store. It was bad when it was right by my moms shop cuz when I would go home I would spend most of my time in there shopping :) That's great they are letting you put your hats in their store. Brynlee's school teacher is a big humbug about partys. She just sent a letter home saying that for the kids B-days that she does NOT want any cupcakes, cakes or anything with frosting. The only thing you can bring is fruit snacks, fruit roll ups or cookies (without frosting), something she can just throw at them while they are at recess ~ lol... She is different! I'm just glad Brynlee's b-day has already passed :)

angela said...

I want to learn how to make those hats. I know what you mean about husbands being gone. Trav is gone for a few days and nights are really peaceful and relaxing. And missing each other is never a bad thing and makes it so fun to see each other again instead of falling into a rut. At least the short separations are not too bad. I also seem to accomplish a lot more projects when he is gone.

Julie Loftus said...

Those hats are dang cute!! I love them! I don't know about you but I think I still smelled like coffee for the next 3 days after Starbucks...I bet you and Shelby LOVVVEEEEEDD that!

Kjerstin said...

As always, you amaze me!

Ann said...

The hats are so cute on the girls. I saw one of them at school today. Unbelievable all of the projects you get done. You are awesome! I'm working on another pattern.

Alison said...

I love those hats Karri! Once again you are amazing! Your girls look so cute in them. How do you do it all?!! :)

Pickett Fences said...

Hey cute hats! Hey do you make them in my size (ha ha) It looks like you guys have been busy, I hope you had a good holiday season.

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

You really are amazing and i love your hats! I hope you guys are having fun in Vegas!! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!