Tuesday, February 17, 2009

VaLenTines

was filled with heartfelt business again. I absobluetly love valentines day. I think everyone deserves one day out of the year to set aside their crazy lives and show the ones you care about that you love them, but then I think why do we need only one day? I need to be better about showing and telling my family that I love them on a daily basis.

Did anyone else have a hard time finding valentine shirts this year? I did. So I decided to make my girls' shirts. They were very simple, but turned out just the way I wanted them too.




The girls were dying to make their own valentines and make a goody to go with them. We made these yummy chocolate covered pretzels for their classmates. This was Zack's first school valentine experience and he loved it. He now thinks that he gets candy everytime he goes to preschool. Yesterday, he said he wanted to go to preschool. I told him "two more days". He said "I want to go right now and get candy." That boy loves his treats.



I found these adorable popcorn bowls for their teachers and filled it with chocolate covered popcorn with a note saying "Thanks for popping in my life this year", which the girls were estatic to give them. I just hope the popcorn made it to the teacher before the girls and their dad ate it all.


I had a couple of my friends kids come over for a little valentine bash for cookie decorating, eating, and a little craft. All in all, we had a good valentines day.




Every year Brad gets his "girls" a rose for Valentines. I think it's so cute that he does it for his daughters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Valentines. Their shirts turned out really cute.. you need to send some of your creativity my way :)

Brittany said...

Look at you go! Those shirts are adorable!

Alison said...

Seriously! Is there anything you can't and don't do?!! LOVE those shirts! Your girls look darling in them. And what a fun Valentine's party, the decorations look great, and love the red sandwiches! The popcorn bowls are adorable and I'm sure everyone loved the pretzels! You're AMAZING!!!

Lindsay said...

You are superwoman! I was lucky to get some cookies thrown together for a Valentine package for Parker's birth parents! That was the extent of our Valentine creativity! Maybe next year I can plan ahead a little better! HA! Your kids are as cute as ever! Love the shirts!

Lesa Martinson said...

Those shirts did turn out stinkin cute! And like Brad said he will give a rose to his girls every year on valentines day.......no matter what!!! haha

Pamcakes said...

Hey, CUTE Valentines Day, it looks like you had tons of fun. I wish I could have come to Randis shower so I could have seen you. We will do something soon. Come to Ambers "bunko" next month and hopefully I can too.

Sally said...

ohmyword! What a fun V-day. Love all of your ides especially the shirts. Brilliant! I am going to have to remember that one next year. They are much cuter that anything you can buy!