Monday, May 4, 2009

Motorcross






A couple months ago, we were introduced into the "dirt biking" world. A few of our neighbors all have dirt bikes and we were feeling a little left out.....not really. We just thought it looked like fun when they were out riding in the back yard. One night one of our friends asked us if we wanted to go to motorcross in SLC. I think they felt sorry for us :) Not really knowing what it was, we said yes. So two weekends ago we went down and met some of our friends there. Talk about a blast. I don't think Brad and I have ever laughed so hard. They are such great people. Thanks for putty up with us. Tai Pan, Ikea, Cafe Rio, great company, P.F. Changs (oh wait, we didn't go cuz of an hour wait. Very disappointed) what else could I ask for.

Well, the big news....Brad bought a motor bike when we were in SLC! I think Zack was the most excited out of all of us. We called him on the phone and told him and that was the first thing he said to us when we picked him up. He wanted to ride it right then and bawled when he couldn't.

I was a little nervous for Brad at first because he did not have a good experience the first time he tried to ride one. He totally tipped it over on himself. So the deal was he could get a dirt bike if he didn't get hurt. Good deal right?

Motorcross? Awesome! It's amazing to see all those motorbikers ride and do jumps and NOT crash into each other. So......now I want a bike! Crazy isn't it?

6 comments:

Marne said...

Looks like you are friends with Monica Leishman. She is my hubby's cousin. Small world!

Monica said...

Nice pics, Karri! I feel bad we missed out on all the partying. OK, so how do you know Marne?

Brad said...

so are you trying to lean in and cuddle with Lindsy or with me? Ha ha!

Alicia said...

so fun! I am really missing my bike lately, we sold it last fall, for some food storage.

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

Ok I have to say that was one of the funnest trips we have ever been on, I cant believe you guys even still talk to us after that. You are to much fun! I love the pictures and need you to send them to me so I can post them on my blog. Remember, Im lazy and made you take your camera while mine sat in the truck.

Johnsons said...

I found your blog and took a peek...hope that's okay. We were actually there at that motorcross as well. Looks like you had fun!