Monday, May 4, 2009

Ballet Recital

One word to describe Saturday....INSANE. We started off with Paige having dance practice at 9-11 a.m. Ashlyn had a soccer game at 11 a.m. Hailee had a dance competition in which she did all five dances at 12 p.m. to like 6 p.m. AND her end of the year ballet recital which she had to be there at 5:30. It didn't start until 7:30, but I went at 5:30 like a good mom to save seats for the fam. What did I do for two hours? I thought I would sit alone and enjoy myself, but instead I did what I do best....SLEEP. I felt pretty embarrased when I woke up with my head back and my mouth wide open to a lady asking if some seats were saved. I really felt like I was the one doing all the dancing and soccer playing. I honestly don't know how Hailee was able to function and do such an awesome job after the busy day she had. I'm so proud of her and all that she is able to accomplish. Now if we can just work on her little attitude, which I feel she needs adjusted.

And to top all that off, we went to the 10 o'clock movie with Jeff and Lindsey after it was all over. We saw Ghosts of Girlfriends past, which I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the night.........Matthew. And yes, I did dream about him.
Here she is at her recital. She did marvelous.
Her and her dad messing around. Brad wouldn't let me post the picture with him in his tights lifting her.
She gets that from her mom. yea, right.

Her and one of her friends at the competition. More dance picture to come later.

8 comments:

Kjerstin said...

That girl is all arms and legs! :) What a beauty you've got there (well, all of your kids are amazingly gorgeous!). Don't you love that when you fall asleep in public. I fell asleep carpooling to Boise a couple of weeks ago and woke up like that. Head back, mouth open. Lovely. . .very lady like! :) Oh well, all the other moms get it. We're exhausted! By the way, thanks for your nice comment. If anything, I need to borrow some of your amazing skills! :)

Brittany said...

You have such a beautiful daughter! And so talented too!! That is totally funny that you fell asleep! Must me a mom thing ;)

Alison said...

She is gorgeous! She looks like a perfectly beautiful ballerina. What a busy day! I don't know how you keep up. I love that you fell asleep waiting for it to start! That cracks me up. We moms all understand!

JEFF AND LINDSY said...

She looks so dang cute and is so talented. I feel bad we made you hang out with us, I dont know how you got everything done!

Anonymous said...

Those splits are amazing. Ness keeps asking if she can go to Ashlyn's dance, so I'll have to get more information from you for this fall.
That's funny your husband bought a bike is SL. It's an addicting hobby, be prepared to have many evenings without him this summer...:)-unless you get one too!

T&K SMITH said...

BUSY BUSY....That is why we didn't see you guy sat, what a crazy day. Holy crap your in trouble when she hit's high school man she is a cutie and with make up yeah Brad better get out the shot gun! So funny you fell asleep loved it. One word did you say Matthew!!!

Ann's ABC's said...

She is so gorgeous and flexible. I'm sure she gets it ALL from her mother.

Amberlee said...

Such cute kids! I don't blame you for falling asleep- I probably would have done the same thing. This mom thing is hard work sometimes :) That's awesome that Brad got a bike. I'll have to tell Ed. My whole family (except me) is completely obsessed with them. And they all have one (except our 4 year old, but he is starting to ride by himself now).